Established in 2008 by Artistic Director, Jenanne Solberg, Camp Festival Amadeus (CFA) is a chamber orchestra music camp for intermediate to advanced string students entering 7ththrough 12th grades. The Camp is held simultaneously and in conjunction with the Glacier Symphony & Chorale’s Festival Amadeus. Camp faculty is comprised of Festival musicians:Seattle virtuoso, Quinton Morris, Micheal Certalic, Sally Jerde, Jesse Ahmann, Matt LaRocca, Trevor Ostenson, Griffin Browne and Megan Karls. Campers also attend workshops and interactive presentations with the Festival’s guest musicians and attend Festival concerts each evening. Each day, campers participate in orchestra sessions, small ensembles, master classes and elective classes, and have the opportunity for additional private lessons. Fun camp activities include a student honor’s recital, pizza dinner, lake picnic outing, and a main Friday activity such as rafting or water slides. On Friday afternoon, the camp culminates with a free student concert open to the public. The camp is held in the beautiful resort town of Whitefish, Montana near Whitefish Lake and Glacier National Park. Go to top
The camp is open to violin, viola, cello, and bass students. With advance notice, piano and other symphonic instrument students may apply, as well. Students are encouraged to list all instruments they play.
Student audition CD or professional reference from private/school music instructor required.
Students participate in:
- Orchestra and chamber ensemble sessions each day.
- Two master classes. Students should bring one polished and one working piece.
- Elective classes with students choosing two of the following:
- Celtic fiddling, bluegrass, jazz, rock, ukulele 1 & 2
- Musical Journeys with Festival guest artists.
- Festival Amadeus evening concerts Monday through Thursday.
- CFA Student Concert, a Friday afternoon tradition, incorporating much of what is learned throughout the week.
- Recreational and social events may include lake outings, pizza dinners, Farmer’s Market optional performances, ultimate Frisbee, Capture the Flag, fun around town, and an after concert activity such as Big Sky Waterslides, whitewater rafting, The Amazing Fun Center.
- Lunch is provided daily with restricted diet options available upon advanced notice.
- Dinner is provided on two evenings.
- Out of town students will be housed with host families for an additional fee. Go to top
- NEW CAMPER DISCOUNT $375!! Please register by July 14 for a sized t-shirt and no later than July 21 so we can organize music.
Camp music will be sent out 2-3 weeks ahead. Please be familiar with your music before arrival at camp.Go to top
Host family housing is available from Sunday through Friday with local families for a $75 fee. Host families provide meals and transportation to and from camp and are usually families with students in the camp. We can also arrange for pick up from the airport or train station.For help with other housing needs please contact Lakeshore Rentals at 406/863-9337 or visit Flathead Visitor and Convention Bureau at www.fvcb.org.Go to top
A pizza dinner will be provided on Sunday evening, and a picnic dinner on Wednesday. Lunches will be provided Monday through Friday. Please let us know of any dietary/medical restrictions on your registration form.
Scholarships are available for all students based upon the Federal School Lunch Program eligibility guidelines. Please submit a copy of your eligibility letter or a copy of the first page of your tax return with your application. Limited to one per family.Go to top Click here to Register Other Questions:
Please call North Valley Music School, Camp Administrator at 406-862-8074 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.Go to top